Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Nicole and Ayssa's Lesson

Nicole and Alyssa used the weather and the seasons to their advantage in their fun filled lesson. That was the first time I have ever used water colors and it was awesome. I wish I would have gotten the chance to do that in grade school!

Grade Level- K-2nd

Lesson Name- The Four Seasons Window

Elements of Design- Line Color Texture

Goals- *The instructors hope to introduce students to the different colors and the changes a tree goes through durning different seasons, by introducing them to those changes.
*The instructors will illustrate to students multiple kinds of media can be used in a sigle work of art.
*The instuctors will show students how they can mix primary and secondary colors to make alot of different colors.

Objectives-
1. Art Production- Students will learn how to use multiple media to make an art project
2. Cognitive and Functional- Students will be able to notice an annual change in trees that can be related to the changes in their own school years.
3. Psychomotor and Multisensory- Students will discuss how the changing happens from season to season.

My Thoughts- This project was set at just the right difficulty for this age group. I think that the students would be challenged both mentally and in using their motor skills. I also think they would be really proud of there results. I will be using this lesson in my classroom.

Extension Activity- I think a fun extension activity would be to use the same concept only paint the different bi-omes such as the tundra, rainforest, desert ect. That can be used in science class.

My project-

No comments:

Post a Comment