Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Amanda & Tiffany's Lesson

Amanda & Tiffany did a project that I can remember doing when I was younger. I thought it was a great way to take me back to my childhood using a fun yet somewhat tricky lesson. I think my project looked better in my elementary school days! :)

Grade Level- 5th

Lesson Title- Printmaking

Goals- *To introduce the students into the print making process.
*To allow students to experience the printmaking process.
*To integrate cultural traditions into the art making process.

Objectives-
1. Art Production- Design Holiday cards using the printmaking process
2. Affective- recal past holiday memories and what feelings associated with receiving a card.
3. Cognitive and Functional- Plan Composition or pre-plan composition.

My Thoughts- I don't know if I just wasn't feeling the magic that day or what, but i just wasn't feeling this project. I think it was ok and I do think the students would enjoy it but I just can't see myself using this in my classroom. I don't know why, maybe it was because I did my first picture upside down!? I can see how other students would like to use this lesson though. I do think Amanda and Tiffany did do a good job presenting, my opinion has nothing to do with them, I just didn't love this project.

My Project:

No comments:

Post a Comment