Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Katie Hanson's Lesson Plan

Katie had a very unique project that I have never tried before. So it was time to try new things, and to learn something new for the day!



Grade Level- 4th

Theme- Native American Art

Lesson Name- Sandpaper Art

Goals- *To introduce students an alternative method of sandpainting like the Native Americans

*To give students better understanding of Native American art.

Objectives

1. Art Production- Students will construct a sandpaper picture of Native American art and then use an iron to duplicate the picture.

2. Art History-Students will recognize the different forms of Native American art and will be able to incorporate their patterns into their own work.

3. Cognitive- Students will demonstrate their knowledge of Native American art by creating their own pattern on their sandpaper



My Thoughts- This project was very unique. I thought that it was fun but their were alot of worries involved such as making sure the students colored dark enough so that the iron would have the disired effect. Then of course don't forget about how careful they would have to be using the iron. I would suggest the teacher would be the only one to use the iron, or maybe a high school aid or something. I really do think this is a great lesson though, I'm sure some day I will even use it.


Extension Activity- I think a good activity to bring this project in on is when we are talking about the Native American's from the South Western part of the United States, this would go great with a pottery activity too, and making bead necklace's. I could probably find a week's worth of projects honoring the Native American traditions.


My Project:

No comments:

Post a Comment