Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Amanda & Kristin's Lesson

Amanda & Kristin did somthing for their lesson plan that I have never ever heard of before. I have worked with concrete in past summer's, but it was never as fun as these to ladies made it for their lesson!

Grade Level- Kindergarten

Lesson Name- Garden Stepping Stones

Goals- *To give the students an experience using ready-mix cement.
*To allow the students to create their own designs for their stepping stones.
*To give the students the opportunity to use a variety of media to creat the project

Objectives-
1. Students will collect material and tools needed in a safe and careful manner.
2. Students will predetermine what media they are going to use and then create their own original piece.
3. Students will understand ready quick cement and know how it works.
4. Students will identify and use several different media types.

My Thoughts- This project was AWESOME! I thought this was a great way to get students to use one of the most bizzare types of media out there, ready mix cement, what a great idea. This is also something that can be held onto and kept in tact for a long time, I could see mothers and fathers putting this up on display for their child's graduation. This was a great project.

Extension Activity- Coming up with an extension activity for this project was awefully hard, after a long time of thinking I finally figured out what I could do with this unique project. I thought that instead of decorating the ready mix cement with beads and pictures of the students, they could decorate their project with a picture of a former President of the United States, then they could talk a little bit about him like his name, when he was elected, that kind of thing. I think that would be a nice project to display.

My Project:

No comments:

Post a Comment