Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Breanne & Megan's Lesson

Breanne & Megan had a lesson plan that will really spark the students imagination. It was all based on comics! This is a fun topic that gets children's imagination going. I could really see myself enjoying this lesson in my classroom for many years.

Grade Level- 3rd

Lesson Title- Creating Comic Strips

Goals- *To give the students an experience in mixing two of the secondary colors.
*To introduce students to a variety of comic strips with different meanings.
*To show students how to successfully shade an object.

Objectives-
1. Students will collect materials and tools in a safe and responsible manner.
2. Students will compare and contrast different backgrounds, shapes, colors, expressions, and literary elements.
3. Students will illustrate how different expressive features of illustrations and organizational principles of comic strip frames cause different responses.
4. Students will interpret different responses to each comic strip.

My Thoughts- I really and trully loved this lesson, I can still remember Kellen and I giggling just like a couple of 3rd graders while we read our comics. I thought it was alot of fun and a different "fun" way to "trick" students into learning. When you make the students have fun that is when they learn at their best.

Extension Activity- I thought of a funny extension activity for this project. I thought that the students could do a comic about Mt. Rushmore and have the Presidents arguing about who was the best President. That lesson would be a good way for children to learn more about their Presidential history and they would be having fun at the same time.

My Project-

No comments:

Post a Comment